Monday, August 29, 2011

Healthy Living 2.05 - Frustration and Patience

Over a month into this healthy living change and am feeling pretty good.  Still difficult to overcome temptations, but I'm doing a great job at avoiding those situations.

The statistics for this past week.

BMI - 44.2  (down 0.8, down 2.3 total)
Calorie Intake - 1623/day
Calories Burned - 3728/day
Net Caloric difference - 2133/day
Water - 72 oz/day


Proteins - Carbs - Fat distribution -- 40% - 52% - 8%

10 total inches lost.  Hard to tell from where though.

Really have to watch the calorie intake, I must eat more...and by more, I mean more protein.  The distribution is OK because they are all "good" carbs, but I'd like to keep it closer to 40%

This was an interesting week, I once again learned a lesson in frustration and patience.  Frustration number one:  I weigh myself each night; Wednesday, the piece of shit scale said I gained 1.5 lbs.  What it the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster did I do wrong?  I've been working out like a demon, eating really well, drinking all my water!  Leave it to say I was pissed off and so frustrated.  The next day at the gym I worked harder, didn't even look at that damn scale.  Then by the end of the week it showed about a 5 lb loss for the week?  What?  Grrr!

Frustration number two:  I have been riding my bicycle to work every day.  Then on the way home I would go to the gym and do my workout.  Workout includes both lifting and cardio.  The frustration comes on the way home, there is this piece of shit hill on Goshen Rd. just past Mid-County Hwy.  It has beaten me every single day.  I could make it to the top and around the corner, but not to the complete summit.  Ended up walking last 200 feet.  Well, today, finally did it, the entire way, no walking.  And my thighs are burning beyond belief!  Two hours after the ride, they are burning.  Ugh!

New challenges this week, school is back in session full time.  This requires planning and much dedication to continue the workout schedule.  I see this being done!

1 comment:

  1. DO NOT weigh yourself more than once a week ... and do it in the morning when you wake up, right after hitting the throne ... that will be your true weight ...
    Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete