Monday, August 22, 2011

Healthy Living 2.04 - Overcoming Complacency

Week 4 is done! Probably the most difficult so far. The reason? My routine was interrupted by a trip and some wonderful golf outings with a buddy of mine. Status or the past week:

BMI - 45.0  (down 0.2, down 1.5 total)
Calorie Intake - 1956/day
Calories Burned - 3370/day
Net Caloric difference - 1413/day
Water - 72 oz/day


Proteins - Carbs - Fat distribution -- 45% - 46% - 9%

It was a good week again...statistically speaking, but I felt that this has been the most difficult week yet.  As well, I'm not looking forward to the challenge of eating healthy during pre-service week at school.  Way too many temptations.

I have had this feeling before when losing weight.  It is the feeling of complacency.  I can see it in the tracking of my meals.  I can see it in the tracking of my fitness activity.  I can see my will power disappearing before my eyes when there are high calorie, low nutritional foods in front of me.  This is when I need support of family and friends.  I'm asking you, "Get in my face!" if you see me sneaking.  And remember, I am good at this.

Now I am asking myself, why is this happening?  Is it boredom?  I really don't think so.  Is it that I am trying to integrate this healthy living lifestyle into activities I really enjoy?  Possibly.  Am I mentally screwed up?  Possibly and in more ways than this.  But seriously, I really think the issue is a combination of all three. 

This week I will try the following.  Read more to keep from being bored...or go to the gym...or start writing more blogs.  The integration into activities I really enjoy is really a problem.  One of my favorite activities is eating.  I mean really good food.  Erin and I love going to nice restaurants, but fine dining meals are not healthy.  Asian meals (North American style) have so few healthy choices.  Any restaurant for that matter is a massive challenge.  What we have been doing is sharing an entree, still get the yummy goodness, however only small puny portions (at least for me).  Finally, am I mentally challenged? Absolutely!  However, I have been saying that allergies are all psychological (for most people) and yes I know that allergies are real.  Yet, now, I am looking at the desire to eat and to eat non-stop as my "allergy".  Yes, it is psychological and it will take every ounce of will power I have to overcome this.

This week, starting back to work, biking to and from every day.  Hope I will have enough time to share between work, family, and working out.

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment