Monday, September 5, 2011

Healthy Living 2.06 - Online group help

Thought these things are supposed to get easier as time goes on.  You know, developing new habits, I am doing that, but no way it is not easier, it is just as difficult.  Just have to keep on going.  The Livestrong site is very cool for showing progress and trend lines, at this rate, I'll be at a healthy weight sometime around December 2013...that makes this journey very daunting and very long.


The statistics for this past week.

BMI - 44.0  (down 0.2 down 2.5 total)
Calorie Intake - 1735/day
Calories Burned - 3978/day
Net Caloric difference - 2287day
Water - 72 oz/day


Proteins - Carbs - Fat distribution -- 42% - 48% - 10%

I mentioned here about Binge Eating Disorder and how I was sort of inspired by two of my favorite bloggers who wrote about their challenges with psychological disorders.  First off was Jen McCreight of The Blag Hag blog, writing about what must be a truly embarrassing disorder.  Then having the courage to piggy back on Jen's bravery is JT Eberhard writing on his very good blog What Would JT Do?  JT has been battling anorexia nervosa and doing very well, until recently it has morphed into anorexia athletica, you can read about it here.

JT has formed a group called Fitness Saturday...errr, Friday, err, whatever day of the week it is supposed to be on.  In any case, there are six of us in this group and we post our results, accomplishments, encourage each other.  We are extremely different, each person has their own goals, their own battles, and their own reasons for doing this.  I have yet to get to know Conrad, Sid, Brandon, Nikki, Tanya, or even JT  (I just know him through his blogs).  What I do know from the few e-mails we have shared is that we are all dedicated to becoming more fit.  It feels good to be part of a group.  It feels good to have the support of people you hardly know who are going through a similar journey and we can see each others goals.

Thanks to all for the support so far, I estimate that I have completed approximately 10% of this journey.  It is a long way to go but I'm sure it will be worth it.

-SB

No comments:

Post a Comment