Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting Healthy 2.0

I really hate to call it a diet, it must be more of a lifestyle change.  I realize what I must do to accomplish my goals.  I have done my due diligence as I always do when starting a project.  I have created a spreadsheet with my starting statistics, height, weight, BMI, and the scary number of inches around body parts.  As well, I will be keeping track of protein, carb, fats.  The following ratios worked well for me in the past and seem to be a consensus on many websites, 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fats.  Water intake will be at least 48 oz/day.  Finally, I will not be eating after 6 pm if I can help it.

This is going to suck so bad!  Will go for a run if I fell hungry, but this is going to kill me.  Well, if I don't do this I'll kill be killing myself.

Workouts goals are to be at least 30 minutes of cardio/day (running/biking/swimming) and lifting at least three times/week.  This will be easy to do when school starts as I'll be biking everyday, parking at school will be a nightmare.

Beginning Stats - July 25
Weight -- Too much
BMI - 43.5
Sum of Inches (230) neck, chest, waist, thigh, calf, belly

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we should get a challenge going?
    signed,
    Miss 32.0 BMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you as you work to reach your goals! I actually have always been "heavy" or "chubby" as my family used to lovingly call me, and I started my lifestyle changes last October. When you met me in June, I was 45 pounds lighter than when I started! It's not an easy process, but can be done! If you need any suggestions or help, let me know. BTW - my favorite food tracker is Livestrong.com (the myplate feature). You can track most foods out there, create meals, enter recipes, track water... plus it gives lots of graphs and charts (like a pie chart with fat, carbs, protein percentages). Best of luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete