Monday, July 25, 2011

The Fight Against Obesity -- Honest View

I am once again way too obese.  I can see the concern in my wife's eyes and even a little in my daughters innocent young eyes.  Now, the question, how did I get this way?  Easy, eat too much, exercise too little.  Now you say that is an easy cure, eat less and exercise more.  Well, no kidding!  You think I don't know this?  To "normal" people out there, do you realize that I never feel full! Never! You would think two donuts is plenty, try a dozen.  Four slices of pizza? Only enough if a large extra large pizza is cut into four slices. 

Recently, some very brave bloggers have shared their issues with the world.  Jen McCreight, The Blag Hag, writes about her battle with Dermatillomania. you can read about it here. Or JT Eberhard's battle against anorexia, he has talked about it often, you can read about it here.  Jen and JT, I thank you for your openness, it helps me talking about what I am going through.  NPR just posted a story about a woman's battle to shed weight and the shame she feels, I see everything she says in my own life. 

Those who know me, know that I hate losing.  Really hate losing (so losing weight is tough, ha ha).  So, today I will be trying to start a "New Way of Life" again.  Eating healthy, well proportioned meals, exercising, and continuing to talk about the struggles.  Will I be downing multiple double cheeseburgers in the future?  Probably, but then not to let it continue.  It is so tough!  But with support, planning, and my desire, hopefully I could get down to a healthy weight by next summer.  I'm going to be posting on a weekly basis my status and what is happening, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.  If you see me sneaking that 1st, 2nd, or 10th donut, tell me.  I won't get pissed.  I need your help.

SB

1 comment:

  1. Well said, sweetie ... skinny people don't understand the world of food addicts, emotional eaters, whatever you want to call it.
    One would NEVER put a bottle of Vodka in front of an Alcoholic and say, "you can only have one drink" ... People like us can't just have one donut ... and food is something we need everyday ... moderation is not easy ...
    I hate those sanctimonious fuckers who think it's easy ...

    ReplyDelete