Monday, November 14, 2011

Healthy Living 2.15 - Cross Training


It was a pretty much a fun week for healthy living, didn’t do anything crazy, but things went well and binge threats were almost non-existent. Bike riding to work is still a challenge first thing in the morning, something about getting up at 4:30, eating breakfast, then getting prepared to go out in the cold.  I’m sort of looking forward to it snowing, it will give me some excitement on my ride in.  I also love the feeling of the sweat and tears from the wind freezing to my cheeks.  That is so cool!


The statistics for this past week.

BMI – 39.7 (down 6.8 total)
Calorie Intake - 1752/day
Calories Burned - 3350/day
Net Caloric difference -
1598/day
Water - 72 oz/day


Proteins - Carbs - Fat distribution -- 49% - 41% - 10%

On Fridays at school, there is some pick-up basketball with some of the staff.  I figured it was time that I get some cross-training in.  Yes, I’ve been biking, doing the elliptical, and lifting weights, but every time you do a different activity you work different muscles.  I knew this going in, but felt I was in really good shape for being a fat guy.  And I was right, my cardio during the basketball was great, never got really winded, had lots of energy, and felt really strong.  I played for about an hour and felt great.  My ride home was a little slower than normal, then, about a mile from home waiting for the light to change, boom! Calf started to cramp, inside of my hamstring was cramping, I knew immediately I was in for a sore night.  I took a hot shower and got ready for a relaxing night, wow, the pain of cramps and muscles rarely used is strangely both agonizing and intriguing.  Then Saturday, I went golfing with my good friend Rob, again, different muscles, back and shoulders, I felt so strong, but again sore. 
Ahh, did it ever feel good on Sunday, I could barely move.  It took a few days for the sore to go away, but overall, my body feels strong and good.

-SB


No comments:

Post a Comment